What should you already know?
You don’t need any prior experience in coaching for this course, just the professional context in which to practice with direct reports, team or group members and peers. In order to register for the Level 5 Qualification you must be a middle or senior manager, or have existing coaching experience at senior levels in a company.
Who is this course for?
This course is for middle managers and senior managers who wish to develop their coaching and mentoring skills in the workplace.
- Fundamental coaching techniques such as feedback, setting outcomes, solution focussed thinking and more
- Creating the context for successful coaching through contracting and setting expectations
- Clean Language training to hone questioning skills and active listening
- Emotional intelligence
- Reflective practice and personal development
- Review of existing coaching models such as GROW, Double Loop Learning
- Action Learning Sets and a variety of learning contexts
- 100 hours of coaching practice outside course delivery time
- Evaluating coaching and assessing best practice
About the course
This course is spread over 4 delivery days of group learning, action learning sets who meet in between and coaching practice, which is supervised on line and by teleconference.
You will be in a group of up to 20 people with 2 Training Attention facilitators. You will work in a smaller, action learning group of 3 – 6 people.
Why learn with us?
Training Attention have been developing new, innovative coaching methods since 1997. Our Feedback Model has been presented and published at academic conferences, is used by the ILM, Universities, Teacher Training Colleges, Schools and Corporations such as Boots PLC and the Jeyes Group.
We are experts in delivering double loop learning and ensuring that the group work is as useful for individual personal development as it is for gaining information. Our group work techniques have been applied to diverse contexts such as corporate mergers, culture change, preventing bullying in schools and improving job outcomes for the long term unemployed. This variety keeps our processes fresh and exciting.
Coming on our course will provide you with more than just a coaching qualification. You will develop skills for use in meetings, your own career development and at home. You will improve your communication and develop a high level of self awareness.
How long does it take?
The 4 delivery days are spread over 2 months, giving plenty of time to practice and meet up with your set in between.
As well as the face to face training time you will need to make time for:
- Reading 1 course book
- Completing the workbook with your coaching log and learning reflection,
- Meeting up either in person or by teleconference for 12 hours with your action learning set
- 100 hours professional coaching practice in your workplace
- Email supervision and communication with course facilitators during the
- Evaluating and following up with coachees
When you have completed this course, you will be able to:
To provide coaching support within your professional remit to improve performance, develop leadership qualities, facilitate peer coaching networks, troubleshoot career difficulties, inspire and motivate.
The course covers the following VRQ units, accredited through the ILM:
What course follows this one?
As you progress in your organisation you can upgrade your qualification to the Level 7 Coaching courses. For more information on these please see….
We prefer you to register for the ILM Level 5 Certificate only (D5.01, D5.02, D5.03)
|D5.01||Understanding how management coaching and mentoring can benefit individuals and organisation||5 credits|
|D5.02||Reviewing own ability as a management coach or mentor||3 credits|
|D5.03||Undertaking management coaching or mentoring in the workplace||5 credits|
|D5.04||Undertaking an extended period of management coaching or mentoring in the workplace||24 credits|
and take the final unit D5.04 at a later date, provided it is with 1 year of registration.
£995 per person, plus VAT for the cost of the Level 5 Certificate. £495 per person, plus VAT for the upgrade to the Level 5 Diploma